Try Micro-Needling if You Have an Active Lifestyle!
I'm a BIG fan of micro-needling (sometimes called needling) because it works so well to rejuvenate skin. But if you are a regular Masterpiece reader, you already know that!
If you’ve read my posts at all, you know that micro-needling works well on wrinkles, dark spots, redness, and scars. It can even reduce some stretch marks.
Unfortunately, clothing like tank tops and athleisure can easily reveal skin imperfections. So when you look for a type of skin rejuvenation that will blend well with your busy life, you should check out micro-needling!
6 Reasons Why Micro-Needling Is Great for People With an Active Lifestyle:
1. The treatment can take as little as 30 minutes or as long as 1 1/2 hours depending on the size of the area you have treated.
2. It may require several sessions to get the result you want – but you're in charge. You decide when you are happy with the result and treatments stop. Treatments are usually done about a month apart.
3. Downtime is about 1 day. There is redness for about 24 hours. Most people feel comfortable going out in public after that first day. Laser procedures and chemical peels are more invasive and require more downtime.
4. Micro-needling is safe and effective for people of every skin color. Because micro-needling doesn’t produce the heat that lasers do, there is little risk of developing dark spots after treatment.
5. Because no tissue is removed, there's little risk of infection. It’s another reason the recovery time is so short – and another advantage of micro-needling for an active lifestyle.
6. Micro-needling pens like the SkinPen are ergonomically designed, and the needle depth is adjustable. This means just about any part of your body can be treated. Micro-needling can improve fine lines or scars near your eyes and mouth. Lasers and peels can’t. It’s also able to treat areas on the neck, chest, abdomen, back, hands, arms, and legs.
I use micro-needling myself and you can too. Derma rolling at home works really well - with good instruction. Learn more in our free resource library and in this post: Cosmetic vs. Medical Micro-Needling | How They're Different.
I wish you beautiful skin! Thanks for reading!
Amy Takken is a registered nurse with 20+ years of experience helping people improve their health. Her in-depth skincare articles have been featured on Nazarian Plastic Surgery and The Palm Beach Center for Facial Plastic & Laser Surgery. Amy loves research and constantly watches for new products and treatments to help you improve your skin’s health – because healthy skin is beautiful! To reach Amy, visit our contact page.
Ready to Learn More?
- Medical Micro-needling - An Overview
- 3 Ways Medical Micro-Needling Works to Improve Your Skin
- Micro-Needling Is in the News!
- Cosmetic vs. Medical Micro-Needling | How They're Different
- Micro-Needling Is Better Than Other Kinds of Skin Rejuvenation | 9 Reasons Why
- Micro-Needling Before & Afters | Scar & Stretch Mark Reduction Results
- Why Micro-Needling Is the Best Choice for Scars & Stretch Marks
- Micro-Needling Acne Scars | 5 Reasons to Try It
- Micro-Needling Results | Pictures of Our Patient, Jane
Masterpiece Skin Restoration is your online resource for all things medical aesthetics, skincare, beauty, and wellness. We keep you up to date on leading edge technology and the services available to help you restore your natural beauty.
We have all the information you need to restore your skin.
If you liked this post, you'll LOVE these:
The Information provided on our website is not medical advice and should not be viewed as such. By law, only a medical doctor can diagnose or give medical advice. As a registered nurse, my goal is to educate, so I provide information on skin care, skin care products, and skin care treatments. If you have any condition that concerns you, please see a medical doctor. While most skin conditions are benign, some - like melanoma - can be deadly. If there is any doubt, please, please consult your physician. Thank you!