Lots of People Have Scars & Stretch Marks
I think it's fair to say that most people have either a scar or stretch mark. And many of those people would like their scars or stretch marks to be less noticeable. The problem is this. There aren’t many effective ways to minimize scars and stretch marks.
Micro-needling is a newer treatment that improves these imperfections.
It forces your body to remodel the imperfection by triggering a healing response. Our bodies won’t replace the scarred tissue completely, especially if it's deep; but they will replace the parts that are injured by micro-needling. This creates a mixture of scar tissue and normal tissue.
So indented scars fill and raised scars flatten - and you get softer, smoother, better looking skin.
Needling a hypo-pigmented scar will also improve its color. The color change happens when the pigment producing cells move from the surrounding skin into the mark. It doesn’t work for everyone; but in most people, it does.
To get the best result, multiple treatments are necessary:
- Testing has shown that 6 treatments deliver the best results.
- There's no limit to the number of treatments.
- 8-10 week intervals between treatments is recommended.
- The response varies by the individual so there's no way to predict who will get the best result.
Scar & Stretch Mark Reduction Results – Before and After Micro-Needling Photos
The technique works great for sunken areas on the skin caused by acne, but not for deep, narrow “ice pick” scars, says dermatologist, Doris Day in an interview with The Wall Street Journal. Dr. Day says she generally sees a 60% to 70% improvement in the broad acne scars with four to six treatments. Read more about the different methods of treating them in our blog post on Acne Scar Treatment.
Ready to Learn More About Micro-Needling? Read These:
- Medical Micro-needling - An Overview
- 3 Ways Medical Micro-Needling Improves Your Skin
- 6 Reasons to Try Micro-Needling for an Active Lifestyle
- Micro-Needling Is in the News!
- Cosmetic vs. Medical Micro-Needling | How They're Different
- Micro-Needling Is Better Than Other Kinds of Skin Rejuvenation | 9 Reasons Why
- Micro-Needling Acne Scars | 5 Reasons to Try It
- Why Micro-Needling Is the Best Choice for Scars & Stretch Marks
- Micro-Needling Results | Pictures of Our Patient, Jane
Masterpiece Skin Restoration is your online resource for all things medical aesthetics, skincare, beauty, and wellness. We keep you up to date on leading edge technology and the services available to help you restore your natural beauty.
We have all the information you need to restore your skin.
If you liked this post, you'll LOVE these:
The Information provided on our website is not medical advice and should not be viewed as such. By law, only a medical doctor can diagnose or give medical advice. As a registered nurse, my goal is to educate, so I provide information on skin care, skin care products, and skin care treatments. If you have any condition that concerns you, please see a medical doctor. While most skin conditions are benign, some – like melanoma – can be deadly. If there is any doubt, please, please consult your physician. Thank you!